5 places where to eat in Hampstead, London

19:00:00

Trips are not just about exploring the best and hidden places of a city, they are also about tasting local food and try new places to eat. Here a list of places in Hampstead where I had dinner, lunch or simply a coffee. If you don't trust me, check on TripAdvisor!

1.The Wells Tavern
This is for sure my favorite place in Hamstead for Sunday Roast. I discovered this pub thanks to my roommate, who brought me here in one of my first weeks in London. It was a Sunday late morning around April and we went there so I could try for the first time the famous Sunday Roast. It is a traditional British main meal consisting of roasted meat, roast potatoes, different types of steam and roasted vegetables, combines with Yorkshire pudding and gravy. Well, I am still in love with it and I'm really looking forward to eating it again. 
It is traditionally served on Sunday, but if you walk nearby during the week, the restaurant serves also hamburgers and different type of meat and fish which are also very tasty. In Spring and Summertime remember to order a glass of their Pimm's. The venue is also very nice and cozy and you can also sit outside, wheater permitting.
Address: 30 Well Walk, Hampstead- London , NW3 1BX


2. The Garden Gate
Another proper local pub in Hampstead, well-known for its various drink ranges, fresh food. Here you can also taste one of their legendary Sunday roasts sitting in their comfy and lively beer garden.
Address: 14 South End Road, Hampstead, London, NW3 2QE


3. Freemason Arms
This unique country pub/restaurant mixes rural characteristics with modern flair. At first sight, it may appear a little pretentious because of classy interiors, but the price range is similar to the others places. Anyway, you can check menus and price online on their websites. It is a lovely place where to have a drink with friends or to make a good impression on your date. Here too, you can have a British Roast in your lazy Sundays.
Address: 32 Downshire Hill, Hampstead Heath, London, NW3 1NT


4. Piccola Ristorante Pizzeria
A traditional Italian restaurant offering a large selection of pasta, pizzas "Napoletana"and other dishes. I've tried the pizza and I have to admit that it's really tasty. So you should trust me because I am Italian!
Address: 33 Heath Street, Hamstead Heath, London, NW3 6TR 



5. La Creperie de Hampstead 
It is a must, you cannot leave Hampstead without having tried its famous crepe. You can choose among a variety of salty and sweet fillings. 
This little food truck is placed in a corner on the main street and it's easy to find because there is always a cue of people , but don't be afraid it won't take too long and it worth the wait. 
Address77a Hampstead High St, Hamstead Heat, London, NW3 1RE


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hampstead is one of my favourite parts of London. The Freemason's Arms does such good food!

    Serena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of my favourite part as well. It's so quiet and peaceful!

      Delete

Like us on Facebook